Protecting files

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tshad, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    How would I protect all my files from someone getting access to my
    asp,htm,gif,jpg etc. files?

    I can protect my .aspx files using Forms Authentication and dropping the
    following in my specific folders.

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    <deny users="tSmith" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    <location path="default.aspx">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>
    <location path="addLogin.aspx">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    But this only seems to work with aspx files

    Thanks,

    Tom
    tshad, Dec 23, 2005

  2. tshad

    Spam Catcher Guest

    "tshad" <> wrote in news:OLls0t$BGHA.1288
    @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

    > How would I protect all my files from someone getting access to my
    > asp,htm,gif,jpg etc. files?

    In IIS, you need to map all document types to the ASP.NET ISAPI filter. I
    think by default only ASP* file types are mapped to it.

    --
    Stan Kee ()
    Spam Catcher, Dec 23, 2005