Protecting site content

James

I am using ASP.NET authentication and authorization to protect content in certian portions of a site. Through web.config and other means, I define user roles to access certain directories

I also want this protection applied to static content (such as html and images). Originally this did not work b/c IIS was not doing a check with ASP.NET when retrieving such content. I updated the Action Mappings for these file extensions so that they were associated with the ASP.NET ISAPI DLL

It works except for one thing

The check is not performed when a default document is returned. Meaning, if I go to http://localhost/protected/ my browser displays default.htm (when it should redirect me to login). However, if I go to http://localhost/protected/default.htm I get redirected

It's obvious that the check is not occuring b/c there is no extension mapping. Can I configure IIS to verify with .NET even if the GET was not for a particular document, but just a directory?