Protocol for Google Local for mobile

penghao98

Any idea J2ME supported Datagram, TCP/IP, HTTP protocols, which one is
the one that Google local for moblile application uses?
I am trying to decide a protocal for my app, but kind stuck because of
the lack of info with most recent supporting situation for the TCP/IP
from different cell phone makers.

Thanks

Oliver Wong

Any idea J2ME supported Datagram, TCP/IP, HTTP protocols, which one is
the one that Google local for moblile application uses?
I am trying to decide a protocal for my app, but kind stuck because of
the lack of info with most recent supporting situation for the TCP/IP
from different cell phone makers.

It doesn't seem like Google intends for this service to be open to 3rd
parties. You could try asking your question on the Local For Mobile google
group though: http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Local-for-mobile

- Oliver

Darryl L. Pierce

Any idea J2ME supported Datagram, TCP/IP, HTTP protocols, which one is
the one that Google local for moblile application uses?

Any protocol other than HTTP(S) is not necessarily going to be available.
I am trying to decide a protocal for my app, but kind stuck because of
the lack of info with most recent supporting situation for the TCP/IP
from different cell phone makers.

If you want to be portable, you should stick with HTTP.