    Is there a tool available that can take message definitions in XML and
    generate c encoders and decoders?

    Thanks!

    John Smith, Jul 29, 2003

  2. John Smith

    Ed Day Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message news:<M9uVa.29588$Ne.21608@fed1read03>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was told by someone that you can specify a protocol format in xml just
    > like ASN.1. I did a search on the web and couldn't come up with anything
    > relevant to this. Part of the problem maybe that I am not searching for the
    > right keywords.
    >
    > Is there a tool available that can take message definitions in XML and
    > generate c encoders and decoders?
    >
    > Thanks!

    You should look for the keywords "XML schema" or "XSD" or "XML data
    binding".

    We have a tool under development that will be able to generate C
    encoders/decoders from an XML schema specification (XBinder). An
    early access version should be available soon. There are several
    tools now available that can generate Java code from XML schema such
    as Sun JAXB, Castor, and Zeus.

    Regards,

    Ed Day
    Objective Systems, Inc.
    REAL WORLD ASN.1 AND XML SOLUTIONS
    Tel: +1 (484) 875-9841
    Fax: +1 (484) 875-9830
    Toll-free: (877) 307-6855 (USA only)
    mailto:
    http://www.obj-sys.com

    Ed Day, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Ed Day wrote:

    > "John Smith" <> wrote in message news:<M9uVa.29588$Ne.21608@fed1read03>...
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I was told by someone that you can specify a protocol format in xml just
    >>like ASN.1. I did a search on the web and couldn't come up with anything
    >>relevant to this. Part of the problem maybe that I am not searching for the
    >>right keywords.
    >>
    >>Is there a tool available that can take message definitions in XML and
    >>generate c encoders and decoders?

    Rogue Wave has a library that allows XSD to be mapped to C++ classes.
    I do not think that they support C.

    Rosimildo.

    Rosimildo da Silva, Aug 6, 2003