Prototype Ajax.PeriodicalUpdater problem

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by gzerphey@4service.net, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I hope you guys can help me on this. I have two functions. The first
    calls a periodical updater and does it quite successfully. The second
    is meant to stop said updater. It however fails when I call it. It
    just wont stop the updater. I'm sorry if I am missing something
    stupid.

    Thank you in advance,

    function foobar(){
    var searchvar = "ipadd=" + $F(ip) + "&commstring=" + $F(snmpstr) +
    "&snmpelem=" + $F(RSL);
    var opt = {
    method: 'post',
    parameters: searchvar,
    frequency: 1
    }
    new Ajax.PeriodicalUpdater('snmpResult','snmpsearch.php',opt);
    }

    function barbar(){
    opt.updater.options.onComplete = undefined;
    opt.stop();
    }

    , Nov 3, 2006

  2. RobG Guest