    I would like to write a perl program as a prototype for a program which will
    eventually be written in C, would this alter how I write the Perl prototype?
    In what ways? What features of Perl should I use to ease the process?
    Sandy, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    Thanks a lot :)

    Actually, I plan to write the program in pure C eventually.

    BTW, is there any feature of Perl that can effectively be employed for the
    purpose of prototyping a pure C program in particular?

    Thanks in advance.

    Sandy, Jul 9, 2003

  3. "Sandy" <> writes:

    > Thanks a lot :)
    >
    > Actually, I plan to write the program in pure C eventually.
    >
    > BTW, is there any feature of Perl that can effectively be employed for the
    > purpose of prototyping a pure C program in particular?

    What do you hope to accomplish by building a prototype in Perl?

    This is a serious question; if the goal is to deal with complex data
    structures without having to worry about memory management, we'll give
    different advice than if the goal is to make a perl fan in upper
    management happy.

    Charlton
    Charlton Wilbur, Jul 10, 2003