    Provider error '8000ffff'
    Catastrophic failure
    /dmu/includes/connections.asp, line 14

    eddie wang, Jan 7, 2004

  2. eddie wang

    Ray at Guest

    What's on line 14?

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jan 7, 2004

  3. eddie wang

    Guest Guest

    ***
    >.

    The only time I have ever seen this message is when I was
    running an older version of MDAC. What version are you on?

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2057

    Mike
    Guest, Jan 7, 2004
  4. eddie wang

    eddie wang Guest

    Here is line 14 of connection.asp. Thanks.

    conn.Open
    application("connstr"),application("uname"),application("passwd")

    eddie wang, Jan 7, 2004
  5. eddie wang

    Ray at Guest

    And what are the values of those app variables?

    Response.Write application("connstr") & application("uname") &
    application("passwd")

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jan 7, 2004
  6. eddie wang

    eddie wang Guest

    MDAC version is 2.52.6019.1

    application("connstr") = "DSN=OGDW_MM"
    application("uname") = "ogdwadmin"
    application("passwd") = "dev08"

    eddie wang, Jan 7, 2004
  7. eddie wang

    Ray at Guest

    That DSN exists? My suggestions:

    1. Install newer version of MDAC.
    2. Drop the DSN and build a connection string using sample found at
    www.connectionstring.com

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jan 7, 2004
  8. eddie wang

    eddie wang Guest

    That DSN exists. The asp usually works with no problem. If there is a
    change to one of the asp, then the error messaeg may come out. The
    error message will go away if I refresh the IE Browser.

    eddie wang, Jan 7, 2004
  9. eddie wang

    Steven Burn Guest

    Article #2323 Why do I get 8000FFFF / 8002802B errors?
    http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2323

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group