Proxy Client not able to complete data transfer to a customized FTP Server

H.MuthuKumaraRajan

Hai,
We have developed a customized FtpServer in java with some specific
commands which does not fall under the FTP standard,the connecting
client uses these commands for transferring data to the server.The
connection between the client and the server is just a basic socket
connection,and all communications and data transfer happen through the
same port in which the client connects.Direct clients have no problem
in connecting and transferring their data, but some clients (not all*)
who are behind a proxy has problems in transferring their data,they
are not able to transfer the data at all. I don't know what is causing
this problem.Can some one help me on how a Proxy reacts for it's
client's requests.what necessary modifications that we have to do in
the server to handle a client, who is behind a proxy?.
* - some clients were able to transfer the data through their proxy.
thanks in advance,
regards,
Rajan