Proxy generation fails

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by jagdriver, Jun 12, 2006.

  1. jagdriver

    jagdriver Guest

    Hello, I try to generate a webservice proxy with:
    wsdl.exe http://localhost/webservice1/webservice1.asmx?wsdl
    but get the error.:
    Error: There was an error processing
    'http://localhost/webservice1/webservice1.asmx?wsdl'.
    - The document at the url http://localhost/webservice1/webservice1.asmx?wsdl
    was not recognized as
    a known document type.
    The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem:
    - Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'Name cannot begin with the '%' character,
    hexadecimal value 0x25.Line 1, position 2.'.
    - Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in XML document (1, 2).'.
    - Name cannot begin with the '%' character, hexadecimal value 0x25. Line
    1, position 2.
    - Report from 'XML Schema' is 'Name cannot begin with the '%' character,
    hexadecimal value 0x25.
    Line 1, position 2.'.

    When generating the webservice I selected to generate no code behind, but
    even if I do, I have the same problem. Do I have a problem vith VS2005 Setup
    ?.

    --
    Jaguar Lovers
    jagdriver, Jun 12, 2006

  2. jagdriver

    Simon Hart Guest

    Can you view the WSDL and DISCO documents from a web browser by appending
    ?disco or ?wsdl to the end of your service?
    ie: http://localhost/myservice.asmx?disco

    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jun 13, 2006