Proxy Generator not listing?!? (in Dreamweaver MX)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by prince -=nore=-, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. I'm creating an ASP.NET web service in Dreamweaver MX.

    I'm trying to use the Web Services option under the Components tab in the
    Application window.
    When I click on "Add Using WSDL" the proxy generator is listed as
    "-------------". C# and VB.NET aren't options.
    I have IIS and the latest .NET Framework installed.

    I think the error may lie in the fact that Dreamweaver doesn't know the .NET
    Framework is installed. Under the Components tab, only the first two
    options are checked off. The third one is unchecked ("Install the
    appropriate SDK on this system. For .NET sites this is the Microsoft .NET
    Framework SDK").

    The .NET Framework was installed before Dreamweaver was loaded onto my
    computer. I have since uninstalled and re-installed the .NET Framework and
    the problem remains. I have it on another computer and I get the same
    problem.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    --

    'prince
    prince -=nore=-, Jul 24, 2003

  2. prince -=nore=-

    Natty Gur Guest

    If you got wsdl you can use the MS wsdl tool to generate classes (did
    you use it?)

    wsdl mypath/a.wsdl /l:cs /out:MyPorxy.dll

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
    Israel , 51114

    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
    Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Know the overall picture

    Natty Gur, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Is there some reason why you're not asking Macromedia about this?

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    http://www.takempis.com
    Big things are made up of
    lots of little things.

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 24, 2003
  4. i wanted to know if there was a way to do so in Dreamweaver.

    --

    'prince

    prince -=nore=-, Jul 24, 2003