Proxy object error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Jon De Long, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. Jon De Long

    Jon De Long Guest

    Greetings,

    I have created a relatively simple (client-side) application that accesses
    several web services from a server. I am using proxy objects to reference
    these services in the main (root) object:

    Private m_objSessionServices As SessionServices.SessionServices

    Private m_objDataServices As DataServices.DataServices

    After the appropriate checks/tests I instantiate these variables. Fifteen
    minutes later however, I get an unhandled exception telling me that the
    previous two variables no longer reference any object ("Object reference not
    set to an instance of an object"). This exception occurs while the
    application is idle, that is, there is no code to break to, add exception
    handlers to, or trap events at. Why do these variables lose their proxy
    connection after 15 minutes? Any ideas?

    I created the (client-side) app in VS 2003 (.NET Framework 1.1) on XP Pro
    (client side)

    Jon De Long
    Jon De Long, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Jon De Long