    but i can't find a good topic 4 that. so plz give me some new topic if
    u have an idea about it.
    thanks

    think 4 rohit, Mar 21, 2008

  2. think 4 rohit said:

    > hi frnds,
    > i want to make my project on "C" language for "O" level.
    > but i can't find a good topic 4 that. so plz give me some new topic if
    > u have an idea about it.

    You may well find that a spelling checker would be an excellent project for
    you.

    Let the program examine a stream of text, breaking it into words and
    stripping off punctuation characters. This in itself is not a trivial task
    - consider 'I didn't know the isotopes' half-lives - so I consult-
    ed 'Nuclide Guide-2'.', for example.

    Every time you identify a word, consult your dictionary (which might at
    first be empty). If the word is present in the dictionary, pass it.
    Otherwise, ask whether the spelling is correct. If the user responds in
    the affirmative, add the word to the dictionary. Otherwise, ask the user
    to correct the spelling, and re-test (as often as necessary). Proceed
    until all words have been identified as correct because they are in the
    dictionary, or corrected until they match a word in the dictionary, or
    added to the dictionary. Don't forget to save the dictionary data, to make
    subsequent spell checking sessions less tedious.

    Email: -http://www. +rjh@

    Richard Heathfield, Mar 21, 2008

  3. think 4 rohit

    Guest

    On 21 Mar, 08:24, think 4 rohit <> wrote:
    > hi frnds,
    >            i want to make my  project on "C" language for "O" level.
    > but i can't find a good topic 4 that. so plz give me some new topic if
    > u have an idea about it.
    >                thanks

    The best project will probably be something *you* are interested in -
    it will make the project less boring during the tedious bits, and may
    produce a program which is actually helpful to you at the end. So
    think back - when was the last time you wanted to use your computer to
    do something, but there wasn't a suitable program available? Would
    that be a suitable project? Failing that, have a think through your
    hobbies and interests - not just the computer-related ones - and ask
    yourself if any of these would benefit from having a computer
    involved.

    Hope that helps.
    Paul.

    , Mar 21, 2008
  4. think 4 rohit

    Bartc Guest

    > think 4 rohit said:
    >
    >> hi frnds,
    >> i want to make my project on "C" language for "O" level.
    >> but i can't find a good topic 4 that. so plz give me some new topic if
    >> u have an idea about it.

    > You may well find that a spelling checker would be an excellent project
    > for
    > you.

    Translating textspeak into English might a good one too.

    --
    Bart

    Bartc, Mar 21, 2008