(Pseudo)Web Garden for WebService

Massimo Gentilini

I have a web service that, also when hosted in its own application pool,
often grows in memory due to the kind of request made (they involves heavy
XML manipulation and caching of large data) and when it reaches 1.1 Gb gives
out of memory errors. All my investigation has only mitigated the problem so
(beside changing the chaching policies) I would like to try something
different.

The idea is to split the web service on different w3wp.exe and direct the
requests on different exes, to allow the application servers to have a
number of processes running.

Question is: is there a way to programmatically create different w3wp.exe
and different web services on different ports when needed or do I need to
manually create them and create a web service that services the request
calling the internals web services? First solution would be very useful
because it does not imply server configuration...

Regards
Massimo