pseudoclass :hoover

Discussion in 'HTML' started by MWSunshine, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. MWSunshine

    MWSunshine Guest

    Hi!

    example:
    In html i have

    In the stylesheet I have:

    #tip1:link {color: yellow;} <-- it work
    #tip1:visited {color: red;} <---it work
    #tip1:hoover {background: green;} <-- THAT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL
    #tip1:active {background:red;} <-- it work

    I cant get to work a :hoover pseudoclass.
    What I do wrong??

    Can the :hoover pseudoclass be used with other elements like block elements,

    MWSunshine

    MWSunshine, Jul 1, 2004

  2. MWSunshine

    rf Guest

    "MWSunshine" <> wrote in message

    > #tip1:hoover {background: green;} <-- THAT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL
    >
    > I cant get to work a :hoover pseudoclass.
    > What I do wrong??

    You spelt it wong :)

    The correct spelling is hover.

    > Can the :hoover pseudoclass be used with other elements like block

    elements,

    Yes but it's not supported by IE.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 1, 2004

  3. MWSunshine

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:49:11 +0200, MWSunshine
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > I cant get to work a :hoover pseudoclass.

    Try replacing the bag.

    > Can the :hoover pseudoclass be used with other elements like block elements,

    Only if you don't mind it not working in IE.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jul 1, 2004
  4. MWSunshine

    Els Guest

    MWSunshine wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > example:
    > In html i have
    >
    > In the stylesheet I have:
    >
    > #tip1:link {color: yellow;} <-- it work
    > #tip1:visited {color: red;} <---it work
    > #tip1:hoover {background: green;} <-- THAT DOESN'T WORK AT
    > ALL #tip1:active {background:red;} <-- it work
    >
    > I cant get to work a :hoover pseudoclass.
    > What I do wrong??

    One o too many. You need hover, not hoover :)

    > Can the :hoover pseudoclass be used with other elements
    > like block elements, <div> <span> etc ?

    No, only with <a>, when it comes to internet explorer at least.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Jul 1, 2004
  5. MWSunshine

    Els Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:

    >> I cant get to work a :hoover pseudoclass.

    > Try replacing the bag.

    <g>

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Jul 1, 2004
  6. MWSunshine

    MWSunshine Guest

    OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    usually I am not so stupid.......
    Thanks a lot.

    MWSunshine, Jul 1, 2004
  7. Mark Parnell wrote:

    > On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:49:11 +0200, MWSunshine
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    >> I cant get to work a :hoover pseudoclass.

    > Try replacing the bag.

    I think this quote applies:

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Jul 1, 2004
  8. MWSunshine

    rf Guest

    Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > Mark Parnell wrote:
    >
    > > On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:49:11 +0200, MWSunshine
    > > <> declared in alt.html:
    > >
    > >> I cant get to work a :hoover pseudoclass.

    > > Try replacing the bag.

    > I think this quote applies:
    >
    > > "Never drink rum&coke whilst reading usenet" - rf 2004

    LOL...ssspppplluurrtt...

    Damn. Beer neither :-(

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 1, 2004
  9. MWSunshine

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:p>
    Toby A Inkster <> said:

    >> "Never drink rum&coke whilst reading usenet" - rf 2004

    i'm sure rf meant:

    "Never drink rum&amp;coke whilst reading usenet"

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, Jul 1, 2004
  10. MWSunshine

    rf Guest

    brucie wrote:
    > Toby A Inkster <> said:

    Yo, brucies back! <cheers/>

    > >> "Never drink rum&coke whilst reading usenet" - rf 2004

    > i'm sure rf meant:
    >
    > "Never drink rum&amp;coke whilst reading usenet"

    Nope. rum&coke is a standalone entity, just like gin&tonic, and as such
    does not need escaping [from]...

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 1, 2004
  11. MWSunshine

    Els Guest

    rf wrote:

    > Nope. rum&coke is a standalone entity, just like
    > gin&tonic, and as such does not need escaping [from]...

    Unless you're reading Usenet, right? ;-)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Jul 1, 2004
  12. MWSunshine

    rf Guest

    Els wrote
    > rf wrote:

    > > Nope. rum&coke is a standalone entity, just like
    > > gin&tonic, and as such does not need escaping [from]...

    <nitpick>
    > Unless you're reading Usenet, right? ;-)

    </nitpick>

    I try to <escape> from usenet all the time.

    So far it hasn't worked. Perhaps a nice cup of herbal tea would do the
    trick...

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 1, 2004
  13. rf wrote:
    > Els wrote
    >
    >>rf wrote:

    >>>Nope. rum&coke is a standalone entity, just like
    >>>gin&tonic, and as such does not need escaping [from]...

    > <nitpick>
    >
    >>Unless you're reading Usenet, right? ;-)

    > </nitpick>
    >
    > I try to <escape> from usenet all the time.
    >
    > So far it hasn't worked. Perhaps a nice cup of herbal tea would do the
    > trick...

    THAT kind of herb works best when smoked.

    Matthias

    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jul 1, 2004
  14. MWSunshine

    Kris Guest

    In article <d_PEc.73535$>,
    "rf" <> wrote:

    > > "Never drink rum&amp;coke whilst reading usenet"

    > Nope. rum&coke is a standalone entity, just like gin&tonic, and as such
    > does not need escaping [from]...

    Does that also apply to Ben&Jerry's? Or H&K (when I get really mad, you
    know)?

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl), <http://www.cinnamon.nl/>

    Kris, Jul 1, 2004
  15. MWSunshine

    rf Guest

    Matthias Gutfeldt" <say-no-to-spam
    > rf wrote:

    > > <nitpick>
    > >
    > >>Unless you're reading Usenet, right? ;-)

    > > </nitpick>
    > >
    > > I try to <escape> from usenet all the time.
    > >
    > > So far it hasn't worked. Perhaps a nice cup of herbal tea would do the
    > > trick...

    > THAT kind of herb works best when smoked.

    gurglesplurtcoughsplutterfroth...

    Great, I now also have Chardonnay covering my keyboard.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 1, 2004
  16. MWSunshine

    Els Guest

    rf wrote:

    > Matthias Gutfeldt" <say-no-to-spam
    >> rf wrote:
    >> > Els wrote

    >> > <nitpick>
    >> > </nitpick>
    >> >
    >> > I try to <escape> from usenet all the time.
    >> >
    >> > So far it hasn't worked. Perhaps a nice cup of herbal
    >> > tea would do the trick...

    >> THAT kind of herb works best when smoked.

    > gurglesplurtcoughsplutterfroth...

    LOL!

    > Great, I now also have Chardonnay covering my keyboard.

    rum&coke, beer, chardonnay... How about you enter a detox
    program for booze&usenet addiction? :p

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jul 1, 2004
  17. MWSunshine

    rf Guest

    rf, Jul 1, 2004
  18. MWSunshine

    rf Guest

    [Sorry for the spurious post.]

    Els wrote:
    > rf wrote:

    > >> THAT kind of herb works best when smoked.

    > > gurglesplurtcoughsplutterfroth...

    > LOL!
    >
    > > Great, I now also have Chardonnay covering my keyboard.

    > rum&coke, beer, chardonnay... How about you enter a detox
    > program for booze&usenet addiction? :p

    Nah...

    Pauline just arrived with a gin&tonic or two. Rick came home with a nice
    Shiraz. Leanne popped in with a white of some description, a reisling I
    think and Jan has just opened a Cider. I expect Jenny to barge in shortly
    with a scotch&ice. James from across the road often comes by with his bottle
    of Ouzo and perhaps Kim will arrive with his Saki, he is a pilot and gets it
    for free.

    It is, after all, Thursday night :)

    Not much HTML gets written on Thursday nights :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 1, 2004
  19. MWSunshine

    Els Guest

    rf wrote:

    > Pauline just arrived with a gin&tonic or two. Rick came
    > home with a nice Shiraz. Leanne popped in with a white of
    > some description, a reisling I think and Jan has just
    > opened a Cider. I expect Jenny to barge in shortly with a
    > scotch&ice. James from across the road often comes by with
    > his bottle of Ouzo and perhaps Kim will arrive with his
    > Saki, he is a pilot and gets it for free.
    >
    > It is, after all, Thursday night :)
    >
    > Not much HTML gets written on Thursday nights :)

    Like that's when the weekend starts where you are? Does it last
    till Tuesday too?

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jul 1, 2004
  20. MWSunshine

    Sid Ismail Guest

    wrote:

    : #tip1:hoover {background: green;} <-- THAT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL

    The FBI lost him ages ago. It's hover.

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Jul 1, 2004