pseudoclass :hoover

Neal

rum&coke, beer, chardonnay... How about you enter a detox
program for booze&usenet addiction? :p

I'm in a 13-step program. It's just like the 12-step program, but the 13th
step is, "Forget about those other 12 steps."

Els

Neal said:
I'm in a 13-step program. It's just like the 12-step
program, but the 13th step is, "Forget about those other 12
steps."

Which step are you at now?

Neal

#tip1:hoover {background: green;} <-- THAT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL

Heh... everything's correct, but "hoover" sucks. (Surprised I haven't
seen that gag yet... and why can't I be online when these easy ones are
posted? :-\ )

BTW for those who don't know,

1) Hoover is a brand of vacuum cleaner
2) Jokes are too still funny after you explain them

Els

Neal said:
Heh... everything's correct, but "hoover" sucks.
(Surprised I haven't seen that gag yet... and why can't I
be online when these easy ones are posted? :-\ )

Don't you know? You have to be online 24/7 on Usenet. It's
mandatory. It should be in the FAQ.
2) Jokes are too still funny after you explain them

Agreed :)
(at least funnier than if you don't get them ;-) )

Leif K-Brooks

MWSunshine said:
Can the :hoover pseudoclass be used with other elements like block elements,

:hover can be used with any element, but IE only supports it for links.

Neal

Which step are you at now?

Uh... I forgot...

(Totally off topic, but I'm actually "on the wagon" for 2 weeks trying to
take off about 30 pounds (about 14 kg for you metric folks...). Not in 2
weeks, of course, but after then I'll likely have burned off about 1/3 of
my extra...)

But I miss this...

\____/
\00/
\/
------

Els

Neal said:
(Totally off topic, but I'm actually "on the wagon" for 2
weeks trying to take off about 30 pounds (about 14 kg for
you metric folks...). Not in 2 weeks, of course, but after
then I'll likely have burned off about 1/3 of my extra...)

Doing it alone, or have you joined a sort of support group?
I lost about 12kg once in only 3 or 4 weeks, but it wasn't the
most healthy way I think. I only had 2 or 3 cheese rolls per
day, I drank Coke (not light), had a McFish or a McChicken
every other day, and I walked. All day long.
I was in London, so there was plenty to walk without getting
bored :) I didn't even do it for the weight, I was on a tight
budget, and thought it wouldn't hurt to eat less then usual.
And I had forgotten about fruit and vitamins... :)
But I miss this...

\____/
\00/
\/
------

Looks like a very nice drink someone made me in Tel Aviv.
Don't know what exactly was in it, but it had sugar on the
rim, and it was very blue, but not just a liqueur, it was a
mix. One was "enough" ;-)

Neal

Miss what? Weird broken ASCII-art?

Odd, it sends and recieves fine on my end. Of course, that's all monospace
both ways, send and recieve.

For those of you who don't know nothing, it's a martini with two olives.
:-(

10 days...

Neal

Doing it alone, or have you joined a sort of support group?
I lost about 12kg once in only 3 or 4 weeks, but it wasn't the
most healthy way I think. I only had 2 or 3 cheese rolls per
day, I drank Coke (not light), had a McFish or a McChicken
every other day, and I walked. All day long.
I was in London, so there was plenty to walk without getting
bored :) I didn't even do it for the weight, I was on a tight
budget, and thought it wouldn't hurt to eat less then usual.
And I had forgotten about fruit and vitamins... :)

I'm on South Beach - virtually no carbs and no sugars for 14 days, then
limited carbs (high fiber) and sugars until target is reached. My gf has
been doing it for a few months, it's going well for her. I am taking a
multivitamin every day though.

I once lost about 20 lbs when I was unemployed for about 3 months and ate
virtually nothing except Ramen noodles.

Els

Neal said:
I'm on South Beach - virtually no carbs and no sugars for
14 days, then limited carbs (high fiber) and sugars until
target is reached. My gf has been doing it for a few
months, it's going well for her. I am taking a multivitamin
every day though.

Sounds like a good plan. (the whole of it, not just the vitamin)
I once lost about 20 lbs when I was unemployed for about 3
months and ate virtually nothing except Ramen noodles.

Noodles! If I were on the same program as you, I'd hate you for
mentioning them :)

Els

Neal said:
Funny, I miss them, too...

You'll have to explain that; did you move from goat-land to
sheep- or cow-land, or did you shave, or did your chihuahua die?