Pseudocode Help

Lobbo1

Hi,
Im a computing student and need help with some pseudocode. The
following is what I have got so far...

SET point_value = 10
SET suit_value = Hearts
SET point_valueA = suit_valueA = guess_count = game_count = = 0
REPEAT
OUTPUT message to operator for suit_valueA
GET suit_valueA
IF suit_valueA == suit_value THEN
OUTPUT message indicates successful guess
ELSE
OUTPUT message indicates incorrect guess
END IF
UNTIL suit_valueA == suit_value
REPEAT
OUTPUT message to operator for point_valueA
GET point_valueA
IF point_valueA == point_value THEN
OUTPUT messages indicates successful guess
ELSE
IF point_valueA < point_value THEN
OUTPUT message indicates guess to low
ELSE
OUTPUT message indicates guess to high
END IF
END IF
UNTIL point_valueA == point_value

The code is for a game which goes by the following rules...

1) Imagine computer randomly selects a card from a pack of cards.
2) The first player must guess the suit then its value
3) After each guess for the suit a message will display whether the
player was correct or not.
4) After each guess for the value a message will display whether the
player was correct, too high or too low.
5) The individual game ends when a player has correctly identfied the
card, the next player is now given a new card.
6) On completing 3 games each the average number of guesses to
correctly identify the card should be displayed for each player.
7) The game should be restricted to three players.

So basically I have completed the first 4 steps but need help editing
my code to include rules 5, 6 and 7.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Rob.

osmium

[...]

I don't know what your instructions are. But since you are posting to C++,
I presume the end result will be a C++ program. I would much prefer writing
the program to writing the pseudocode. I would have a class called player
and it would keep score and divulge the score when asked. It would have a
command called play which has a parameter describing the card. There would
be three player objects and each player would receive three calls on
play().

Main would create the objects, select the cards, issue the play function,
and collect and display statistics at the end of the program.

Rob.K

Unfortunately im not going to be programming in C++ so it's just the
pseudocode I need help with. Thanks for your time though.

Victor Bazarov

Rob.K said:
Unfortunately im not going to be programming in C++ so it's just the
pseudocode I need help with. Thanks for your time though.

Try news:comp.programming.