psgml NOFILL not operative

Discussion in 'XML' started by Peter Flynn, Nov 15, 2009.

  1. Peter Flynn

    Peter Flynn Guest

    I have been using Emacs with psgml-mode for many years, and relying on
    the NOFILL PI to prevent listings and other linespecific element types
    from being disturbed when I issue a C-c C-q. In the current version
    (1.3.2, with Emacs22 under Ubuntu 9.10), it appears that this requires
    (with DocBook as my example)

    <?PSGML ELEMENT programlisting nofill=t ?>
    <?PSGML ELEMENT literallayout nofill=t ?>

    Neither of these has any effect: a C-c C-q will fill all material in
    scope in mixed content and re-indent all element types in element
    content, *including* programlisting an literallayout.

    I have obviously misunderstood something about the way this should be
    specified, but I cannot see what. In earlier versions, I was using the
    PI <?PSGML NOFILL programlisting literallayout?> but this has no effect
    now either.

    Is anyone else using this successfully?

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Nov 15, 2009