Public Access Compilers

topherwheeler

Are there any public access GCC / Linux / GLibc compilers on the net?

Meaning; Is there a freely available server that one could use to
compile a C program? And possibly install the resulting binaries back
on their personal machine.

jacob navia

Are there any public access GCC / Linux / GLibc compilers on the net?

Meaning; Is there a freely available server that one could use to
compile a C program? And possibly install the resulting binaries back
on their personal machine.

Yes. For instance this one

http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout/

Comeau has excellent C99 support and it is a very good compiler.

Mark McIntyre

Are there any public access GCC / Linux / GLibc compilers on the net?

You mean an online compiler? Tricky.

It would need to know your target h/w, OS and OS version, and probably
lots of other fiddly stuff about driver versions, screens, etc etc. Plus
it'd have to have copies of gazillions of optional libraries, with
associated licensing issues.

Granted all that could be done, but it'd be very hard work. If you're on
Windows, it'd be a nightmare supporting all the versions, dll
mismatches, etc. If you're on linux, just install gcc which is free
anyway - and probably bundled with the OS.

CBFalconer

Are there any public access GCC/Linux/GLibc compilers on the net?

Meaning; Is there a freely available server that one could use to
compile a C program? And possibly install the resulting binaries
back on their personal machine.

Not very useful. Just download a suitable version of gcc and mount
it on your machine.

santosh

Are there any public access GCC / Linux / GLibc compilers on the net?

Meaning; Is there a freely available server that one could use to
compile a C program? And possibly install the resulting binaries back
on their personal machine.

Often access to a compiler is given if you get a UNIX shell account. Try
Google.

topherwheeler

Oftenaccessto acompileris given if you get a UNIX shell account. Try
Google.

That sounds like what I am looking for. The reason I asked was that I
have an old Pentium Classic laptop with 40MB ram , 800 MB harddrive ,
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r6(woody). I want to compile a complete OS; X11,
WebBrowser, Games, Apache, PHP, MySQL - with gcc optimizations.
However I don't quite have the ram/hd space to accomplish. I figured
if there was a public access linux/gcc/glibc machine with the old (and
new) libc compatibility dev libs installed, I could pull it off. This
setup would be similar to something the distro makers would use; but
with the libc compat. libs of course.