    compile a C program? And possibly install the resulting binaries back
    on their personal machine.
    , Mar 28, 2008

  2. jacob navia Guest

    wrote:
    > Are there any public access GCC / Linux / GLibc compilers on the net?
    >
    > Meaning; Is there a freely available server that one could use to
    > compile a C program? And possibly install the resulting binaries back
    > on their personal machine.

    Yes. For instance this one

    http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout/

    Comeau has excellent C99 support and it is a very good compiler.

    --
    jacob navia
    jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr
    jacob navia, Mar 28, 2008

  3. wrote:
    > Are there any public access GCC / Linux / GLibc compilers on the net?

    You mean an online compiler? Tricky.

    It would need to know your target h/w, OS and OS version, and probably
    lots of other fiddly stuff about driver versions, screens, etc etc. Plus
    it'd have to have copies of gazillions of optional libraries, with
    associated licensing issues.

    Granted all that could be done, but it'd be very hard work. If you're on
    Windows, it'd be a nightmare supporting all the versions, dll
    mismatches, etc. If you're on linux, just install gcc which is free
    anyway - and probably bundled with the OS.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    CLC FAQ <http://c-faq.com/>
    Mark McIntyre, Mar 28, 2008
  4. CBFalconer Guest

    wrote:

    > Are there any public access GCC/Linux/GLibc compilers on the net?
    >
    > Meaning; Is there a freely available server that one could use to
    > compile a C program? And possibly install the resulting binaries
    > back on their personal machine.

    Not very useful. Just download a suitable version of gcc and mount
    it on your machine.

    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Mar 29, 2008
  5. santosh Guest

    wrote:

    > Are there any public access GCC / Linux / GLibc compilers on the net?
    >
    > Meaning; Is there a freely available server that one could use to
    > compile a C program? And possibly install the resulting binaries back
    > on their personal machine.

    Often access to a compiler is given if you get a UNIX shell account. Try
    Google.
    santosh, Mar 29, 2008
  6. I think it might help to try http://www.dinkumware.com/exam/default.aspx

    Dr. Dimitris Zois, Mar 30, 2008

    On Mar 28, 6:22 pm, santosh <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Are there anypublicaccessGCC/ Linux / GLibc compilers on the net?

    > > Meaning; Is there a freely available server that one could use to
    > > compile a C program? And possibly install the resulting binaries back
    > > on their personal machine.

    > Oftenaccessto acompileris given if you get a UNIX shell account. Try
    > Google.

    That sounds like what I am looking for. The reason I asked was that I
    have an old Pentium Classic laptop with 40MB ram , 800 MB harddrive ,
    Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r6(woody). I want to compile a complete OS; X11,
    WebBrowser, Games, Apache, PHP, MySQL - with gcc optimizations.
    However I don't quite have the ram/hd space to accomplish. I figured
    if there was a public access linux/gcc/glibc machine with the old (and
    new) libc compatibility dev libs installed, I could pull it off. This
    setup would be similar to something the distro makers would use; but
    with the libc compat. libs of course.
    , Apr 9, 2008