Public domain Icons

Sims

Hi,

Is there a collection of public domain icons?
I am looking for things like 'search', 'envelopes', 'home' and more that I
cannot think off really.

Regards
Sims

Augustus

Sims said:
Hi,

Is there a collection of public domain icons?
I am looking for things like 'search', 'envelopes', 'home' and more that I
cannot think off really.

There are quite a few of these in the free fonts that come with windows
(symbol, webdings, windings)... if you have a graphic program you can turn
them into icons pretty easily

Otherwise I would try searching Google or checking your local computer store
(you should be able to find dozens of clipart CDs in the $2-10 range that
will usually have 10,000-500,000 clip art items... as well most come with a
free membership at sites like Clipart.com)

Richard

Sims said:
Hi,

Is there a collection of public domain icons?
I am looking for things like 'search', 'envelopes', 'home' and more that I
cannot think off really.

Regards
Sims

See a generic looking one you like on a website? Take it.
Chances are that website didn't pay a dime for it as most of the icons used
today are more or less "public domain" items.
Oh and don't worry about that "copyright" statement because it won't cover
any work that is not the original work of the author. Even though some
people will argue that because it's on MY website, I own the rights to it.
No you do not.