PublicKeyToken, How is it calculated??

Jeff

ASP.NET 2.0

I'm about to add a membership provider to my web.config. I came across a
tutorial on internet telling how to do it. This tutorial shows an example on
how to do it. part of the example: PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

I assume I cannot use PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a in my web.config file,
isn't there a tool which calculate the PublicKeyToken based on some values
in machine.config, or something there about...

How do I calculate the PublicKeyToken?? maybe you have a link to a great
article telling how to calcualte PublicKeyToken, then please share it with
me..

Jeff

bruce barker

see RNGCryptoSeviceProvider api. it will give you a byte array, that you
just convert to Hex string.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)