Publish a website without deleting a folder

Guest

I have a website with a public folder (users can upload images into it) so
I'm wondering if it's possible to avoid the deletion of this folder when I
re-publish the website from visual studio. Do I have to set particular
permissions on the server?
Thank you in advance!
Paolo

Laurent Bugnion [MVP]

Hi,
I have a website with a public folder (users can upload images into it) so
I'm wondering if it's possible to avoid the deletion of this folder when I
re-publish the website from visual studio. Do I have to set particular
permissions on the server?
Thank you in advance!
Paolo

Using the "new website" model, I don't think you can publish without
erasing all first. That's one more reason to use the Web Application
Project template instead.

http://webproject.scottgu.com/

Note: WAP is included in VS2005 SP1, so if you install SP1, you must
uninstall WAP first.

Then choose "New project" and then "Web / ASP.NET Web Application". You
have much more options that you can control, including for publishing.

HTH,
Laurent

gerry

publish to a local site and then use Copy Project from there. CopyProject
allows you to pick and choose what gets moved and what doesn't and nothing
gets deleted on the remote site unless you want it deleted.

imo, the best way to do this is to use a Web Deployment Project to 'publish'
locally, this allows you to specify what to include and what not to include.
then open this locally published site and CopyTo your live site using the
"synchronize" option.

Gerry