    Can anyone tell me why publishing a web service would fail. I get the
    really helpful message on the status bar "Publish failed". I have already
    published it to the web server and I'm trying to apply the updates.
    Waldy, Apr 2, 2007

  2. Waldy

    Waldy Guest

    Well I found a bit more info in the output window. The error being "The Web server does not appear to have the FrontPage server extensions installed". So why complain about that now? It let me create it in the first place without FP extensions.
    Waldy, Apr 2, 2007

  3. Hi,

    Waldy wrote:
    > Well I found a bit more info in the output window. The error being "The
    > Web server does not appear to have the FrontPage server extensions
    > installed". So why complain about that now? It let me create it in the
    > first place without FP extensions.

    You need the FP extensions if you want to publish using HTTP, but
    honestly I wouldn't recommend that. Use FTP instead.

    Greetings,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]