Publish Failed (Why???)

Waldy

Can anyone tell me why publishing a web service would fail. I get the
really helpful message on the status bar "Publish failed". I have already
published it to the web server and I'm trying to apply the updates.

Waldy

Well I found a bit more info in the output window. The error being "The Web server does not appear to have the FrontPage server extensions installed". So why complain about that now? It let me create it in the first place without FP extensions.

Laurent Bugnion [MVP]

Hi,
Well I found a bit more info in the output window. The error being "The
Web server does not appear to have the FrontPage server extensions
installed". So why complain about that now? It let me create it in the
first place without FP extensions.

You need the FP extensions if you want to publish using HTTP, but
honestly I wouldn't recommend that. Use FTP instead.

Greetings,
Laurent