Publish not showing Line Number in production

Guest

When I get an error on my local machine (not try catch), I get the line # and
module it bombed in. This is what I need. After I publish and move to the
test server, it only gives me the error in hexadecimal format with no line
number or module that it bombed in. I'm moving the PDB file to the server
too. I publish with the toolbar Build, and then Publish web site. I check
"Allow the precompiled site to be updatable". Is there something else I need
to do to show the line number and module it bombed in instead of that funky
hex error message? How do I get the line number and module it bombed in?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

yes, use a debug build to get line numbers.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

This is VS2005
Thanks, but where do I do the debug build? the only three choices it gives
me when i publish is
"Allow the precompiled site to be updatable"
"use fixed nameing and single page assemblies"
"Enable strong naming on precompiled assemblies"

Where do I specify this?

--
Chris Davoli

bruce barker (sqlwork.com) said:
yes, use a debug build to get line numbers.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Juan T. Llibre

In web.config : <compilation debug = "true|false">