    Any experiences and solutions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    James McGivney, Jan 11, 2004

  2. hi James,
    The simplest thing to do is build your application in release mode, not the
    debug mode. Make sure you set debug to false in your web.config file too.
    Use the Xcopy option in vs.net. This is the simplest method. It will copy
    all the necessary files into a copy_of_yourweb_application folder in
    inetpub/wwwroot directory.

    The contents of this copy folder is all you need.It contains all the
    necessary files that you need to deploy. This option is available under
    project --copy project on the vs.net menu. When running Xcopy it will ask
    you if you want to deploy only the necessary files. Select this option and
    it will copy the compiled dll without the source code files.

    Deploy the contents of the copy folder with the same directory structure.
    This is my preffered method and the method I use. If your webhost supports
    front page extentions then you can directly deploy to your webhost from
    within VS.net itself.

    You do not make a deployment project. This is because someone needs to run
    the setup files and install. For deployments where you have access to the
    server or someone is willing to run the setup files, use this method. I
    doubt your webhost will want to run the setup files for you personally and
    set it up ;P

    Look in the docs under Xcopy for more info.

    Alessandro Zifiglio, Jan 11, 2004

  3. forgetting about your access database. Upload this .mdb file to the db
    folder assigned to you by your webhost. This folder is usually given the
    correct permissions for you to perform read/write operations.

    Hope that helped ;P
    Good luck ;)
    "Alessandro Zifiglio" <> wrote in
    message news:EilMb.1875$...

    Alessandro Zifiglio, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Thank you. You information was very helpful.
    Jim

    hotmail.com> wrote in

    James McGivney, Jan 12, 2004