Publish Web using Remote doesn't work in VS 2005...

Rob R. Ainscough

What is it with Microsoft, do they normally publish tools that don't work
and provide migrations that don't work either? Publish Web just goes to
never never land once I log into my server after the User/Password login
screen -- just a partially repainted VS 2005 screen and nothing else, no
errors, no warnings, nothing. Just one more feature that doesn't work.

I think I passed my limit of sanity some time ago. As far as ASP 1.1 to ASP
2.0 migration (just see my post below) -- direct migration and it causes my
web server to puke the following "Could not load type
'WebApplication1.Global'..." -- this is a direct migration and MS can't
even get their own products right -- this is pathetic!

I would give an arm and a leg to "talk" to the VS dev team. VERY
frustrated!

Rob.

Alex Greenberg

Hi Rob,

For some reason Publish Site... takes an inordinately long amount of
time if you're doing a remote publish, but it eventually 'unfreezes' VS
and finishes the process. I don't know why it takes so damn long, and
it's pretty frustrating, but it should work...

Good luck,

Alex

Rob R. Ainscough

Alex,

Thanks for the response, after about 20 minutes I gave up and ended the task
via Task Manager.

Rob.