publish web with nested dynamic user controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by CBW, May 15, 2006.

  1. CBW

    CBW Guest

    I have a user control called "field.ascx" that is dynamically created
    by another user control "form.ascx". I dynamically create it and
    reference it in the codebehind of form.ascx using

    (ASP.lbt_field)LoadControl("field.ascx")

    This works fine when I build the website and run it until I try to
    publish the website. Then I get an error

    Error 1 The type or namespace name 'lbt_field' does not exist
    in the
    namespace 'ASP' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

    My user control field is defined with:
    <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
    CodeFile="field.ascx.cs" classname="lbt_field"
    Inherits="webUI_UserControls_field" %>

    CBW, May 15, 2006