Publish website is extremely slow

tmb

When publishing a website the process is excrutiatingly slow - we are
talking 3-4 minutes from when the actual transfer to the site has
begun to completion. Apparently i'm not the only one experiencing this
and searching on the net i found a possible solution:

http://blog.n-technologies.be/CommentView.aspx?guid=3df1930b-9517-4b9b-9dd6-b59cbcbbe34d

However, i don't quite understand how to actually apply the solution
mentioned. I have tried to create a new project, place my binary
references there, reference the new project in my old project and
remove the binary references from the old project so only the new
project reference remains. But when compiled and run the old binary
references show up under my old project's Bin folder anyway and the
publishing process as slow as before.

I would be very grateful for a hands on example how to achieve what is
suggested on the URL above.

Regards TMB

bruce barker

the article is for faster builds, not deploys. deployment is based on
how big (number of files an their size) your site is and network bandwidth.

you could just deploy what has changed.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

the article is for faster builds, not deploys. deployment is based on
how big (number of files an their size) your site is and network bandwidth.

He, reading it with your words in mind i clearly see that the
description has nothing to do with publishing. I was probably so
caught up in the problem with publishing that i never read it right :D

But regardless it would be interesting to know why a publish action
takes 4-5 minutes on an internal 100mbit network with a project which
weighs in at 15-20 MB. No high loads on workstation and receiving
server. Any ideas on that?
you could just deploy what has changed.

Can that be done by the publish functionality? I haven't found any
settings how to achieve this.

Thanks for straightening my understanding of the article :D

Regards TMB