Publish website problem in ASP.NET 2.0 / VS 2005

Hardy Wang

Hi all,
I develop web application on my local machine, when it is ready to go, I
click Build -> Publish Web Site menu item to copy to remote folder, which is
good.

Now I have a question, is there a way I can skip copying of
"web.config", because I may have different setting (e.g. connection string
and so on) in different environments. Everytime when I publish, this file is
overwritten, very annoying.

The other thing is, my web site references to some other class libary
projects, after I switch to release mode and recompile, PDB files are still
in the BIN directory, if I publish, they are all copied to remote folder.

Thanks for any comment.

Regards
Hardy