publish website with vs .net ERROR.

kackson

Hi.
I'm pretty deseperate. (I'm already working on Sunday!) Appreciate any
help.

I created a webservice using VS .net 2003. I tested the service on my
local development machine and everything is fine. I decided that I
could publish the webservice to the company's server. I use .net's
'Copy Project' and chose 'Frontpage' as my Web access method. It
prompted me with a Name and Password window. I've tried all username
and password I know of, but none work. I think some setup needs to be
done on the server? Could someone please advise what I need to do on
the server end? (I've read numerous pages from google and microsoft
and I'm still at complete lost.)

kackson

I've downloaded the FP extension 2002 according to the microsoft
website and installed it on the server. But I'm still prompted with
the password and user name. I checked other pages from google, they
say something about giving user admin rights to the website? But how?
I even installed a copy of our frontpage 2003 on the server, and still
I see no where I could set user admin rights. Appreciate any advise
please. Thank you.

Rick Spiewak

Have you tried just using FTP? Is FTP running on the server? I've found that
to be easier. If you have a big project, and want just the necessary files,
you can copy the project to another local application folder, and then copy
it via FTP to the server.

kackson

Hi.
I finally found where is the frontpage 2002 admin program that I read
about from the google pages. So, This is what I've done.
1. I created a user account from the frontpage webadmin with passwords
and the role as "Author
2. I can see the user when I click on Manage User as THEHOST\kackson

BUT, the 'Copy Project' still does not work. :(
When I perform a 'Copy Project', I was prompted with user name and
password again. I entered the user name as THEHOST\kackson and the
password I set earlier. Still, I ended up with a dialog that reads
"The user name or password you entered is incorrect, or you do not
have authorization to perform this operation". Could someone please
tell me what am I stil missing? How could a simple "Copy Project"
operation be so complicated and frustrating? Appreciate any advise
please. Thanks!