    done on the server? Could someone please advise what I need to do on
    the server end? (I've read numerous pages from google and microsoft
    and I'm still at complete lost.)

    kackson, May 9, 2004

  2. Are the FP extensions installed on the server?

    WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
    http://www.ycoln-resources.com
    FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

    Thomas A. Rowe, May 9, 2004

  3. kackson

    kackson Guest

    I've downloaded the FP extension 2002 according to the microsoft
    website and installed it on the server. But I'm still prompted with
    the password and user name. I checked other pages from google, they
    say something about giving user admin rights to the website? But how?
    I even installed a copy of our frontpage 2003 on the server, and still
    I see no where I could set user admin rights. Appreciate any advise
    please. Thank you.

    kackson, May 10, 2004
  4. kackson

    Rick Spiewak Guest

    Have you tried just using FTP? Is FTP running on the server? I've found that
    to be easier. If you have a big project, and want just the necessary files,
    you can copy the project to another local application folder, and then copy
    it via FTP to the server.

    Rick Spiewak, May 10, 2004
  5. kackson

    kackson Guest

    Hi.
    I finally found where is the frontpage 2002 admin program that I read
    about from the google pages. So, This is what I've done.
    1. I created a user account from the frontpage webadmin with passwords
    and the role as "Author
    2. I can see the user when I click on Manage User as THEHOST\kackson

    BUT, the 'Copy Project' still does not work. :(
    When I perform a 'Copy Project', I was prompted with user name and
    password again. I entered the user name as THEHOST\kackson and the
    password I set earlier. Still, I ended up with a dialog that reads
    "The user name or password you entered is incorrect, or you do not
    have authorization to perform this operation". Could someone please
    tell me what am I stil missing? How could a simple "Copy Project"
    operation be so complicated and frustrating? Appreciate any advise
    please. Thanks!

    kackson, May 10, 2004