publishing asp application

Guest

Hello,

I am now done with developing my webapplication and it is time to publis it.
I have a wmware instance that I am trying to work it on before publishing it
on the web.

First thing I tryed to do is the browse (from my wmware instance) to
htt://ip-adress/myWebApplication/index.jspx where ip-adress is my machines ip
adress (the one i have developed my webapplication on).
This is not working, I do get an erro and it seems connected to my
web.config file coz this is what it shows.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

any idea why I can't browse to the application??
thank u.

Guest

Hi Lamis,

this is a standard error which doesn't tell you anything about what went
wrong. Look into the Event Log on the machine where that web application is
running and paste the error here.

hth

Patrice

You may want also to add an reporting error mechanism to get warned when a
user encounters a problem in your application...
For example you could trap the application error event or use the new health
monitoring built into 2.0.

Guest

Hi,
the problem is that I am using a DirectorySearcher mySearcher = new
DirectorySearcher(filter); where filter = ("CN="+ m_userId + ")";

and this works as long as the application is running on my machine but when
not on other machines.
Error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007054B):
I gues it can not find the server..