publishing to iis 5.1

Guest

I am having problems publishing to IIS. I have my static ip address now nad
have redirected my domain name to it.

Before in using VWD, I just copied the site to IIS and internally useing
localhost/default.aspx this worked. Now I cannot even do that.

Is there a problem using Visual Studio 2005 Standard and IIS 5.1?

When I go to the URL, I get a HTTP 500 - Internal server error. There was a
time when it was displaying the folders under the IIS directory, but now just
the internal server error.

Thanks for any help and information

Scott M.

Internal Server Error means that you have a coding problem, not that the
files weren't copied.

Check your code.

Guest

And this is the error in the event log that I am getting...

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC'. The error was 'The
specified metadata was not found.

Juan T. Llibre

Brad,

read through this thread :

http://www.codecomments.com/ASP_.NET/message333121.html

In it, you'll find a comment by Steven Cheng (who frequents this newsgroup)
which helped someone else understand what the problem is.

Apparently, uninstalling/reinstalling IIS and running aspnet_regiis -i
should fix the problem, but read the thread for a complete explanation.

Guest

Juan,

I did see that thread last night and followed the instructions, however now
I am getting a new error: DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown user name or
bad password. I figure this has something to do with the IWAM account, but
when I try to follow the suggestions given on the web and I try to go into
COM+, the window shuts down on me quickly.

Do you know anything about this?

Thanks for the help.

Guest

It is 5.1 on XP Media Edition. I know that it is using the ASPNET account
and I have made sure that the account has the proper permission in the
wwwroot directory.