    time when it was displaying the folders under the IIS directory, but now just
    the internal server error.

    Thanks for any help and information

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=, Nov 19, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=

    Scott M. Guest

    Internal Server Error means that you have a coding problem, not that the
    files weren't copied.

    Check your code.

    Scott M., Nov 19, 2005

  3. What could the coding problem be? When I run without debugging, it works fine.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=, Nov 19, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=

    Scott M. Guest

    There is no way for me to know unless you show me your code.

    Scott M., Nov 19, 2005
  5. And this is the error in the event log that I am getting...

    The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC'. The error was 'The
    specified metadata was not found.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=, Nov 19, 2005
  6. Brad,

    read through this thread :

    http://www.codecomments.com/ASP_.NET/message333121.html

    In it, you'll find a comment by Steven Cheng (who frequents this newsgroup)
    which helped someone else understand what the problem is.

    Apparently, uninstalling/reinstalling IIS and running aspnet_regiis -i
    should fix the problem, but read the thread for a complete explanation.

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ASPNETFAQ.COM : http://www.aspnetfaq.com/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 19, 2005
  7. Juan,

    I did see that thread last night and followed the instructions, however now
    I am getting a new error: DCOM got error "Logon failure: unknown user name or
    bad password. I figure this has something to do with the IWAM account, but
    when I try to follow the suggestions given on the web and I try to go into
    COM+, the window shuts down on me quickly.

    Do you know anything about this?

    Thanks for the help.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=, Nov 19, 2005
  8. Are you impersonating ?

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 19, 2005
  9. Not that I know of. How would I check that?

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=, Nov 19, 2005
  10. Go to :
    http://www.aspnetfaq.com/default.aspx?FaqId=256&CategoryId=39
    and run the short script posted there to identify the account ASP.NET is running as.

    You haven't said which version of IIS, or which OS, you're running.

    If you're running IIS 5.0 or 5.1, your ASP.NET account is ASPNET,
    unless you're impersonating.

    If you're running IIS 6.0, it's NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE.

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 19, 2005
  11. It is 5.1 on XP Media Edition. I know that it is using the ASPNET account
    and I have made sure that the account has the proper permission in the
    wwwroot directory.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=, Nov 19, 2005
  12. Check to see if all the directories/files/accounts listed in :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/secmod/html/secmod15.asp
    have the permissions outlined in that article.

    You can test by creating a custom account, per the article's recommendations.
    If the new account works OK, run ASP.NET as that account.

    That probably will require less effort than troubleshooting your current account.

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 19, 2005