Pubs database

And

I everyone!

I'm a new asp.net user and I'm trying to run some sample files from de msdn
database and most of them use the pubs database.

My problem is that although I see the pubs database in the folder where (I
guess) it should be when I try to work with it (even with the msdn samples)
I always get an error message.

For example when I try to make an udl connetction I select local in the
server name but in the databases list does not appear the pubs database so I
can'r work with it.

Can someone help me!

Tks in advance

clintonG

A couple of comments...

Learn to use the OSQL command line tool to verify access to the
database. Using c:\osql /? will display which arguments can be
used. You can learn more about OSQL via Google.

You should also use Google to find one or more of the many GUIs
that have been developed to allow MSDE to be used with a visual
interface.

Finally, Last August Microsoft started selling SQL Server 2000
Developer's Edition for only $49.00. I would go to Microsoft's
SQL Server site and look for that offer to see if it is still available.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher@ REMOVETHISTEXT metromilwaukee.com