    soon as they tab off of the text box. Any ideas or help would be
    appreciated, Thanks
    , Mar 9, 2006

  2. Mike Brind Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm looking to display information pulled from a database based on
    > information the user puts into a text box. The user will enter their
    > sales rep number and I want to hit a table and return their name as
    > soon as they tab off of the text box. Any ideas or help would be
    > appreciated, Thanks

    Use the javascript blur event to submit the form.

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Mar 9, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > I'm looking to display information pulled from a database based on
    > information the user puts into a text box. The user will enter their
    > sales rep number and I want to hit a table and return their name as
    > soon as they tab off of the text box. Any ideas or help would be
    > appreciated, Thanks

    It sounds as if you wish to do this without submitting the form, so you will
    need to do this with client-side code using the xmlhttp object. See a
    client-side scripting newsgroup such as microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
    for details.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Mar 9, 2006