Pull down and add

Michael

I know how to enter data to a SQL database from a form.

I am making a form where the user inputs some numbers.

Than other users login to this other place and I want the
number that the person imputed to be shown in a field
multipled at a certain price. I am unsure how to pull the
numbers down to display them and do the multiplcation.
The multiplication will show up in another place on the
page.

Does this make sense?

Ray at

Do you know how to do a SELECT query to get your number out of the database?
If so, then it's just a matter of some arithmetic operations.

Ray at work

Mike Moore [MSFT]

Hi Michael,

I agree with Ray. Also, perhaps these articles will help you. Basically,
you need to do a select statement to retreive the previous user's number
from the database. Then perform multiplication and assign the results to
the text property of a text box. Then it will be displayed.

301216 HOW TO: Populate a DataSet Object from a Database by Using Visual
Basic
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301216

301075 HOW TO: Connect to a Database and Run a Command by Using ADO.NET and
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301075

Does this answer your question?

Thank you, Mike Moore
Microsoft, ASP.NET