    top-row.

    Suggestions on where to find a solution are greatly welcomed,

    Peter Crom.

    Peter Crom, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Peter Crom

    Steve R. Guest

    Peter Crom wrote in message ...
    > I am trying to construct a site with frames and pulldown menu's.
    > But I get entangled in a web of browser compatibility problems.

    Try this. It does work with frames ...

    http://www.echoecho.com/tooldropdown.htm

    Steve R., Feb 28, 2004

  3. Peter Crom wrote:

    > But how can my pulldown menus glide over the frame border,
    > as some menu's can be considerably longer than the relatively narrow
    > top-row.

    You can't.

    > Suggestions on where to find a solution are greatly welcomed,

    Sorry, but there is none.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Feb 28, 2004
  4. Peter Crom

    rf Guest

    "Peter Crom" <> wrote in message

    > Suggestions on where to find a solution are greatly welcomed,

    Rethink your design?

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Peter Crom

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:59:51 GMT, "Peter Crom" <> declared
    in alt.html:

    > I am trying to construct a site with frames and pulldown menu's.

    That's never going to work, and it's a bad idea anyway.

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
    http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
    frames")

    And make sure that your drop-down menus still work when Javascript is
    disabled/unavailable.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Feb 29, 2004
  6. Peter Crom

    Eric Bohlman Guest

    Mark Parnell <> wrote in

    > And make sure that your drop-down menus still work when Javascript is
    > disabled/unavailable.

    Even when Javascript is available, many drop-down menus won't work properly
    until an onLoad event occurs for the body element, something that won't
    happen until *all* images have finished loading. As a result, the
    navigation is unusable to someone who, because he's on a slow dial-up
    connection, wants to just go to the right section without waiting for the
    all the images to load (and it can be unusable to anyone if one of the
    images is from an off-site source that takes too long to respond).
    Navigation should be usable from the very moment it becomes visible.

    Eric Bohlman, Mar 1, 2004