Pull TxD high in serial communication VC++

Ch. Kessler

Good morning,

after studying the documentation in MS Visual C++ I still do not
understand how to pull up the TxD line (i.e. pin3 in a 9 pin RS232)
in the serial Com-port. In old
times this has been done by output of 64 to the base address+3 of
e.g. Com1. The DCB class does not seem to address this.

I want to provide power by TxD to an a/d converter.

Regards
Christoph Kessler
Aachen, Germany

Buster

Ch. Kessler said:
after studying the documentation in MS Visual C++ I still do not
understand how to pull up the TxD line (i.e. pin3 in a 9 pin RS232)
in the serial Com-port. In old
times this has been done by output of 64 to the base address+3 of
e.g. Com1. The DCB class does not seem to address this.

I want to provide power by TxD to an a/d converter.

I imagine you would be more likely to find help on the
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 newsgroup.

See http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt and the FAQ.

Thomas Lutz

To set the TX line high you can use the SetCommBreak funtion to issue
a BREAK function. The BREAK function sets the TX line high until you
clear the BREAK by calling the ClearCommBreak function.

For more serial I/O tips tricks and free utilities, please visit
www.taltech.com

Christopher Benson-Manica

Thomas Lutz said:
To set the TX line high you can use the SetCommBreak funtion to issue
a BREAK function. The BREAK function sets the TX line high until you
clear the BREAK by calling the ClearCommBreak function.
For more serial I/O tips tricks and free utilities, please visit

1) Please don't top post.
2) Please don't post off-topic answers.
3) Please don't spam.