pulling data frm disconnected system.

anil kumar.m

hi Gurus.
i have a requirement like pulling data from disconnected system.
y disconnected system means....cleint is not authorising us to connect to
his system becoz its in secured zone,so i can't connect to the system via
HTTP(TCP/IP).
is there any other way to connect to that system
can webservices do the same for me,if not what is the work around for
this.looking forword for ur help.pls help me out.

regards
mak

Saurabh Nandu

if the system is disconnected then how can you connect to it ? Whats the way
the system can be accessed from outside.

If you have system with no network connections allowed then definately you
CANNOT pull data out of it !

XML Web Services work over HTTP (usually) hence if HTTP Access is turned off
then you can't use Web Services also !

Chris Barber

'disconnected' usually means not available to communicate with (either permanently or periodically).

You could set up a batch job to email out with CSV files as attachments (or XML).

Depends on why the system is 'isolated' in the first place.

If it's on an ethernet then you should talk to them about obtaining a specific user login for the
(database?).

Chris.