Pulsed Event?

me

Hi Guys

Have any of you ever come across the term 'Pulsed event' in C++.

I've searched in all the usual places, but I'm a bit stumped.

Ta

Jens Dramus

Victor Bazarov

me said:
Have any of you ever come across the term 'Pulsed event' in C++.

I've searched in all the usual places, but I'm a bit stumped.

There is no "Pulsed event" in the entire C++ standard. Perhaps
you should askn in a newsgroup dedicated to your platform.

Victor

me

Victor said:
There is no "Pulsed event" in the entire C++ standard. Perhaps
you should askn in a newsgroup dedicated to your platform.

Victor

I realise that, but if I dont know exactly what it is then how can i
decide which newsgroup to direct it to?

Perhaps you'd rather I cross posted it to each and every platform
specific NG, in the vague hope of getting a hit? /sarcasm

Peter van Merkerk

me said:
I realise that, but if I dont know exactly what it is then how can i
decide which newsgroup to direct it to?

Perhaps you'd rather I cross posted it to each and every platform
specific NG, in the vague hope of getting a hit? /sarcasm

I have heard about pulsed events in the Win32 API, but that is in no way
related to the C++ language.

me

Peter said:
I have heard about pulsed events in the Win32 API, but that is in no way
related to the C++ language.
Thankyou peter. I'll have a look in that direction.

Howard

me said:
Hi Guys

Have any of you ever come across the term 'Pulsed event' in C++.

I've searched in all the usual places, but I'm a bit stumped.

Ta

Jens Dramus

Not related to C++, but I believe a "pulsed event" is where a flag of some
sort is raised, then immediately lowered. The action of raising the flag
triggers some external event to occur. It's related to semaphores and
threads, etc.

-Howard

Rolf Magnus

me said:
I realise that, but if I dont know exactly what it is then how can i
decide which newsgroup to direct it to?

Don't you really have any more context? I mean, it sounds unlikely that
someone just said "Pulsed events" are the holy grail of programming and you
are now on your journey to find it.
Perhaps you'd rather I cross posted it to each and every platform
specific NG, in the vague hope of getting a hit? /sarcasm

No, but to a newsgroup dedicated to whatever you got that term from.

me

Rolf said:
me wrote:

Don't you really have any more context? I mean, it sounds unlikely that
someone just said "Pulsed events" are the holy grail of programming and you
are now on your journey to find it.

No, but to a newsgroup dedicated to whatever you got that term from.
Well, a colleague had an interview for a C++ job, and they asked him
what he understood the term to mean. He didnt know, and when he returned
to the office he asked me, and I didnt know, so I thought I'd ask on here.

Mike Wahler

me said:
Rolf Magnus wrote:
Well, a colleague had an interview for a C++ job, and they asked him
what he understood the term

"pulsed event"

It's not a C++ term. If the interviewer believes it is, he is
misinformed. But perhaps C++ knowledge was only one of the
requirements, and the question about 'pulsed event' referred
to some other field of knowledge which was also required.
He didnt know,

If he professed only C++ knowledge, then he should not be
expected to know.
and when he returned
to the office he asked me, and I didnt know, so I thought I'd ask on here.

Nothing to do with C++.

-Mike