"Pure ASP Upload"... again

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Neil Gould, Feb 28, 2010.

  1. Neil Gould

    Neil Gould Guest

    Still "porting and sorting" our classic ASP website to a new hosting service
    (on a 2003 server running IIS6), and I've run into a curious problem that I
    hope someone can help out with.

    On the previous hosts' server, we had been using a version of the "Pure ASP
    Upload" script to upload files to the site, and to prevent the script from
    timing out on large files, the script set an appropriate value via
    Server.ScriptTimeOut. Since the new host has disabled honoring the
    Server.ScriptTimeOut instruction via scripts (?!?), I had their tech support
    set it to 1000 (the value we previously used, but uploads never took that
    long to complete) which now permits the script to complete (indicated by
    processing messages and redirections), but the upload process fails without
    a specific error for files that would take more than about 1-1/2 minutes to
    upload. Their tech support is "working on it", but my sense is that they
    aren't employing MVPs... ;-)

    Are there IIS settings other than Server.ScriptTimeOut that affect how long
    a process runs before it is dumped by the server?

    Is there something else that could account for this behavior?

    --
    Thanks, in advance!

    Neil

    Neil Gould, Feb 28, 2010