Pure Python GUI lib?

oyster

For the word "Pure", I mean it is not a C/C++/Z++.. extension, so that
we can use it under pythons of different version. Is it possible?
I don't like to update the module for different python and the module

Currently, I am writing the interface to
iup(http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup) via ctypes, but find 2 too
strange things which have let me feel blue for some days, and I don't
know whether it can be successful or not. Can anyone give me some
lights? Thank you. :)

You can download the files at http://pyguiviactypes.googlepages.com/mini_bug.zip
I am using python 2.5.1 on win2k with sp4

1. in iup.py, if I delete
Code:
_IupMap.argtypes= [
                  PTR_Ihandle,    #ih
                 ]
then when I choose the menu "MDI-New", no MDI window come out. Why it
behaves like this?

2. for most of the time, I can only choose menu "MDI-New" 3~4 times,
then it crashes with this msg:
[msg]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "\loewis\25\python\Modules\_ctypes\callbacks.c", line 206, in
'calling callback function'
File "mdisample_callback.py", line 372, in mdi_new IupShow(dlg)
File "H:\my_project\iup4py\mini\iup\iup.py", line 434, in IupShow
ih,
WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x72292AA4
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mdisample_callback.py", line 455, in <module>
main()
File "mdisample_callback.py", line 447, in main
IupMainLoop()
File "H:\my_project\iup4py\mini\iup\iup.py", line 247, in IupMainLoop
return _IupMainLoop()
WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x9B73F12E
[/msg]

sometimes the above happens when I delete some "???.argtypes=???" form iup.py

3. and some time, python crashes with this msg:
[msg]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mdisample_callback.py", line 455, in <module>
main()
File "mdisample_callback.py", line 447, in main
IupMainLoop()
File "H:\my_project\iup4py\mini\iup\iup.py", line 247, in IupMainLoop
return _IupMainLoop()
WindowsError: exception: priviledged instruction
[/msg]

Martin v. Löwis

For the word "Pure", I mean it is not a C/C++/Z++.. extension, so that
we can use it under pythons of different version. Is it possible?

The python-xlib project provides such a module. It implements the X11
protocol directly.

Regards,
Martin

kyosohma

For the word "Pure", I mean it is not a C/C++/Z++.. extension, so that
we can use it under pythons of different version. Is it possible?
I don't like to update the module for different python and the module

Currently, I am writing the interface to
iup(http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/iup) via ctypes, but find 2 too
strange things which have let me feel blue for some days, and I don't
know whether it can be successful or not. Can anyone give me some
lights? Thank you. :)

You can download the files athttp://pyguiviactypes.googlepages.com/mini_bug.zip
I am using python 2.5.1 on win2k with sp4

<snip>

While wxPython may not be pure (per se), it DOES offer some MDI
interfaces. And it works with 2.3 - 2.5. I would think that that would
be good enough for the purposes you mention in your post.

Mike