    If a page is pure text, what are the acceptable maximum limits on page size
    in kb?
    Would say 500kb be to much even for dialup?

    richard, Nov 14, 2006

  2. richard

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, Nov 14, 2006

  3. richard

    Sid Guest

    On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 22:56:58 -0800, "richard" <> wrote:

    : If a page is pure text, what are the acceptable maximum limits on page size
    : in kb?
    : Would say 500kb be to much even for dialup?

    500Kb in text format is equivalent to a bible! ?

    Sid

    Sid, Nov 14, 2006
  4. richard

    Andy Dingley Guest

    richard wrote:

    > If a page is pure text, what are the acceptable maximum limits on page size
    > in kb?

    Why? For download size, or for navigation after you've got it?

    Navigation is easy, even navigation between pages. I can't see why
    you'd need any more than a chapter as a single page. Anything bigger,
    then do it as separate pages.

    As even a small image dwarfs the bandwidth of a huge amount of text,
    then the size limit you're going to hit first will be this navigation
    usability one, not the sheer size. Only for mobile phone apps can I see
    byte-counting on pure-text pages as being relevant.

    Andy Dingley, Nov 14, 2006
  5. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Andy Dingley" <> wrote:

    > I can't see why
    > you'd need any more than a chapter as a single page.

    The only reason I can think of is to cater to the person who
    wants to archive it with a browser that won't go even a link
    deep. I do not offer this as any point of argument or assign any
    probability to it.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Nov 14, 2006
  6. richard

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "richard" <>
    vouchsafed:

    > If a page is pure text, what are the acceptable maximum limits on page
    > size in kb?
    > Would say 500kb be to much even for dialup?

    I'd say (as a personal preference) roughly around 50k. Others will
    undoubtedly disagree.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.