purpose of C

Web Developer

Hi,

Statement: The orginal purpose for C was for systems programming.

What does the systems programming mean? I assume writing OS for systems.

Nanobgh

Victor Bazarov

Web Developer said:
Statement: The orginal purpose for C was for systems programming.

What does the systems programming mean? I assume writing OS for systems.

Why are you asking about C in a C++ newsgroup? Are you aware that
those are two different languages? "Systems programming" is a very
vague statement. It doesn't really mean squat. Don't assume anything.

Victor