Push Server, Remoting Over Http,Real Time Data,Streaming, How Is this Done?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by batista, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. batista

    batista Guest

    Hi there,

    I want to push data from server to client.(No pulling and no "smart
    pulling" like using xmlhttp)

    I heard that one possible solution is to use TCP connection using ActX
    Controls or Java Applets.

    Wat are other options (using .Net Framework)? I found out that there
    are
    1) Remoting over http
    2) Streaming
    3) Web Service Eventing ( this one i'm not really sure about)

    SO I WANT TO KNOW HOW ARE THESE OPTIONS DONE ( ESP. THE FIRST TWO)?
    I mean consider a Quotes Watch Grid where symbols are refreshed as any
    change happens instead of periodically polling to refresh the bid ask
    proce of the symbol.How is this done?

    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers...
    Bye.
    batista, Nov 15, 2005

  2. batista

    Guest

    I will suggest you either go for remoting or webservices. But as you
    are specific that it should bepush then i will consider only remoting.
    As in push the server has to send notification to client saying that
    data has changed

    ---------------------------
    Regards ,
    C#, VB.NET , SQL SERVER , UML , DESIGN Patterns Interview question book

    http://www.geocities.com/dotnetinterviews/
    My Interview Blog
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/dotnetinterviews/
    , Nov 15, 2005

  3. batista

    Adam Cooper Guest

    Hi,

    You want to take a look at .NET Remoting events in order to accomplish
    a server push to clients.

    Here is an example of this:
    http://www.dotnetspider.com/technology/kbpages/565.aspx

    This was on google search terms: .net remoting event tutorial

    Cheers,

    Adam Cooper
    J-Integra Interoperability Solutions
    http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/
    high performance interop middleware for java, corba, com & .net

    Adam Cooper, Nov 15, 2005
  4. batista

    matrixfan33

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    .NET Server Push

    Hi,

    You might want to checkout StreamHub (stream-hub.com), they have a .NET API for streaming data and a .NET Thick Client SDK for receiving it - as taken from there website.

    Hope this helps,

    matrixfan33
    matrixfan33, Sep 4, 2009