Push Server, Remoting Over Http,Real Time Data,Streaming, How Is this Done?

batista

Hi there,

I want to push data from server to client.(No pulling and no "smart
pulling" like using xmlhttp)

I heard that one possible solution is to use TCP connection using ActX
Controls or Java Applets.

Wat are other options (using .Net Framework)? I found out that there
are
1) Remoting over http
2) Streaming
3) Web Service Eventing ( this one i'm not really sure about)

SO I WANT TO KNOW HOW ARE THESE OPTIONS DONE ( ESP. THE FIRST TWO)?
I mean consider a Quotes Watch Grid where symbols are refreshed as any
change happens instead of periodically polling to refresh the bid ask
proce of the symbol.How is this done?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers...
Bye.

Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
.NET Server Push

Hi,

You might want to checkout StreamHub (stream-hub.com), they have a .NET API for streaming data and a .NET Thick Client SDK for receiving it - as taken from there website.

Hope this helps,

matrixfan33