    how do i get the \ right and how do i get winword open in separete word
    window, not in IE window

    Thanks

    Fred, Sep 15, 2005

  2. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Fred wrote:
    > hi,
    > how can i make a link in my asp.net 1.1 pages to a file
    > (its located on another PC, i read the full unc path and file name from
    > SQL server database)
    > how do i get the \ right and how do i get winword open in separete word
    > window, not in IE window
    >
    > Thanks

    and some of the files r on a http server :(

    Fred, Sep 15, 2005

  3. ok... dont see the relavance?
    If they are on an HTTP server then point to the HTTP url...

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=, Sep 15, 2005
  4. <a href=yourPath>link</a> to the UNC path... that's all you need to do.
    Opening in or out of IE is a client setting.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3VydF9DIFtNVlBd?=, Sep 15, 2005
  5. Fred

    Bruce Barker Guest

    instead of http use file://<unc name>

    note: the users will have to set their browser security setting to trust
    your site

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Sep 15, 2005