put a href to file w/ unc

Fred

hi,
how can i make a link in my asp.net 1.1 pages to a file
(its located on another PC, i read the full unc path and file name from
SQL server database)
how do i get the \ right and how do i get winword open in separete word
window, not in IE window

Thanks

Fred

Fred said:
hi,
how can i make a link in my asp.net 1.1 pages to a file
(its located on another PC, i read the full unc path and file name from
SQL server database)
how do i get the \ right and how do i get winword open in separete word
window, not in IE window

Thanks

and some of the files r on a http server :(

Guest

ok... dont see the relavance?
If they are on an HTTP server then point to the HTTP url...

Guest

Opening in or out of IE is a client setting.

Bruce Barker

instead of http use file://<unc name>

note: the users will have to set their browser security setting to trust
your site

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)