    I mean I need to put data to data grid control on the memory, I need to use
    it ro manage page such as next and previous.

    Any part of some code will be appreicated.
    Sara T., Jul 23, 2003

  2. Hi

    One of the most important factors in building high-
    performance, scalable Web applications is the ability to
    store items, whether data objects, pages, or parts of a
    page, in memory the initial time they are requested. You
    can store these items on the Web server or other software
    in the request stream, such as the proxy server or
    browser. This allows you to avoid recreating information
    that satisfied a previous request, particularly
    information that demands significant processor time or
    other resources. Known as caching, it allows you to use a
    number of techniques to store page output or application
    data across HTTP requests and reuse it. Thus, the server
    does not have to recreate information, saving time and
    resources.

    ASP.NET provides two types of caching that you can use to
    create high-performance Web applications. The first is
    called output caching, which allows you to store dynamic
    page and user control responses on any HTTP 1.1 cache-
    capable device in the output stream, from the originating
    server to the requesting browser. On subsequent requests,
    the page or user control code is not executed; the cached
    output is used to satisfy the request. The second type of
    caching is traditional application data caching, which
    you can use to programmatically store arbitrary objects,
    such as data sets, to server memory so that your
    application can save the time and resources it takes to
    recreate them.

    HTH
    Ravikanth

    not connecting to

    Ravikanth[MVP], Jul 23, 2003

  3. Sara T.

    Sara T. Guest

    Nope!

    I didn't mean to the cache. I mean to use data grid control for access data
    in memory. Because of easy to manage user interface in web application such
    as next page or previous page. And my data is not too much, around 200
    records, which now I use list box control to manage but it doesn't look
    elegant.

    Sara T., Jul 23, 2003