Put data to DataGrid in memory

Sara T.

Can I add some data to data grid control on the fly by not connecting to
database ?

I mean I need to put data to data grid control on the memory, I need to use
it ro manage page such as next and previous.

Any part of some code will be appreicated.

Ravikanth[MVP]

Hi

One of the most important factors in building high-
performance, scalable Web applications is the ability to
store items, whether data objects, pages, or parts of a
page, in memory the initial time they are requested. You
can store these items on the Web server or other software
in the request stream, such as the proxy server or
browser. This allows you to avoid recreating information
that satisfied a previous request, particularly
information that demands significant processor time or
other resources. Known as caching, it allows you to use a
number of techniques to store page output or application
data across HTTP requests and reuse it. Thus, the server
does not have to recreate information, saving time and
resources.

ASP.NET provides two types of caching that you can use to
create high-performance Web applications. The first is
called output caching, which allows you to store dynamic
page and user control responses on any HTTP 1.1 cache-
capable device in the output stream, from the originating
server to the requesting browser. On subsequent requests,
the page or user control code is not executed; the cached
output is used to satisfy the request. The second type of
caching is traditional application data caching, which
you can use to programmatically store arbitrary objects,
such as data sets, to server memory so that your
application can save the time and resources it takes to
recreate them.

HTH
Ravikanth

Sara T.

Nope!

I didn't mean to the cache. I mean to use data grid control for access data
in memory. Because of easy to manage user interface in web application such
as next page or previous page. And my data is not too much, around 200
records, which now I use list box control to manage but it doesn't look
elegant.