    Take care
    Venky.

    , May 13, 2006

  2. said:

    > Hi,
    > Is thr any way to make puttextxy( int x, int y, char far *const );
    > as portable?

    Yes. Removing the word 'far' makes the prototype, at least, portable.

    Whether the underlying function can be made portable will depend on what it
    does.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, May 13, 2006

    Yeah. But I want it to be portable with 'far'

    , May 13, 2006
  4. Vladimir Oka Guest

    opined:

    > Yeah. But I want it to be portable with 'far'

    First, please read <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/>, and the link in
    my sig.

    Second, with `far` you cannot make it portable, since `far` is not part
    of Standard C.

    --
    We are Pentium of Borg. Division is futile. You will be approximated.
    (seen in someone's .signature)

    Vladimir Oka, May 13, 2006
  5. wrote:
    > Yeah. But I want it to be portable with 'far'

    Well, you can't. Far pointers is only for DOS, AFAIK.

    And please learn to quote.

    /Michael

    Michael Brennan, May 13, 2006
  6. pemo Guest

    wrote:
    > Yeah. But I want it to be portable with 'far'

    #define far

    puttextxy( int x, int y, char far *const );

    #undef far

    --
    ==============
    *Not a pedant*

    pemo, May 13, 2006
  7. CBFalconer Guest

    "" wrote:

    > Is thr any way to make puttextxy( int x, int y, char far *const );
    > as portable? plz give me the code.

    Don't use foolish abbreviations like 'thr', 'plz', etc. Articles
    with these receive the attention they deserve.

    CBFalconer, May 13, 2006
  8. Malcolm Guest

    <> wrote
    > Hi,
    > Is thr any way to make puttextxy( int x, int y, char far *const );
    > as portable? plz give me the code.

    No.
    There's no portable way of treating the screen as a raster of fixed-width
    text characters.
    The "far" is also a platform specific way of dividing up memory.
    --
    www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm

    Malcolm, May 14, 2006