Putting executables in sbin in gems

Luke Kanies

Hi all,

My project[1] has a couple of daemons, which should go in sbin, but I
can't seem to find a way to get my gem specification to do so. Heck,
I can't even find any evidence that gems support sbin at all. Does
anyone know if they do? If so, any hints you can give on how to get
it working?

I'm using the rake task to create the gems, which creates a Gem
specification and sets the bindir, but it doesn't seem to support
sbin at all.

Thanks.

1 - http://puppet.reductivelabs.com/

Luke Kanies

Surely all you want to do is put a fresh symlink in /sbin?

No, I want to install daemon executables into (usually) /usr/sbin.
What do you mean, a fresh symlink?