    to pay for this?

    Cheers

    John
    JMcC, Feb 27, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed JMcC <>
    writing in news:b3450a93-f715-43a4-ba3f-7309ac5167da@
    60g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a web site up and running and I have added it into google.
    > However I have noticed that some poeple have their site in google so
    > that when they are searched for, google displays the link for their
    > site as well as their address and a map to their location.
    >
    > I was wondering how to get google to do this for my site. Do you have
    > to pay for this?

    No, you do not have to pay for it. Have you submitted the sitemap to
    Google?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 27, 2008

  3. JMcC

    JMcC Guest

    Yes I have registered with google.

    How often does it update the information it has on my site. Plus is
    there anything I need to put in the Meta tags for google to search on?
    JMcC, Feb 28, 2008
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed JMcC <>
    writing in news:f939b6eb-cd69-497f-8b3d-c18894e12694@
    64g2000hsw.googlegroups.com:

    > Yes I have registered with google.
    >
    > How often does it update the information it has on my site. Plus is
    > there anything I need to put in the Meta tags for google to search on?

    This is getting a little OT for this group - I suggest you go over to
    alt.internet.search-engines

    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 28, 2008
  5. JMcC

    Bergamot Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed JMcC <>
    > writing in news:f939b6eb-cd69-497f-8b3d-c18894e12694@
    > 64g2000hsw.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> anything I need to put in the Meta tags for google to search on?

    > This is getting a little OT for this group

    Not really. Unless the charter's changed, pretty much anything goes here
    as long as it is web-related in some way.

    > - I suggest you go over to
    > alt.internet.search-engines

    That would be advisable because that group is specific to the OP's query
    and there's different expertise over there. It's still on topic here,
    though.

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Feb 28, 2008
  6. JMcC

    Guest

    About your first question about a geographical map
    displayed in search results, there is no guarantee,
    but did you have a look at
    Google local business center
    https://www.google.com/local/add/

    About how often Google updates the information
    on your site, do you mean how often it crawls your site
    and updates the cached copy of your pages?
    You can have an idea by looking at the dates
    of the cached copy that you can access from the cached link
    in the search results.

    Also, if you submitted an XML sitemap for your site
    of the type described in http://sitemaps.org/
    then you can see in Google Webmaster Tools
    various stats about the way Googlebot crawls your site,
    and how often it downloads your robots.txt file and sitemap.

    About meta tags, use well the meta description tag.
    Have good content for
    important tags like the <title> tag or <h1> tags,
    and it is a good idea to have valid (X)HTML mark-up.

    Have a look at the Google Webmaster Guidelines at
    http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35769

    On Feb 28, 10:10 am, JMcC <> wrote:
    > Yes I have registered with google.
    >
    > How often does it update the information it has on my site.  Plus is
    > there anything I need to put in the Meta tags for google to search on?
    , Feb 28, 2008