    I have a project developed using Visual Studio 2008 C++. I want to put thisproject on a CD for distribution to my customers (friends). My customers do not have Visual Studio 2008 on their PCs. What must I put on the CD for my customers to be able to run my Visual Studio 2008 project on their Windows 7 PCs and Solaris computers.

    Thank you,

    , Sep 11, 2012

    Re: [OT] Re: Putting My Visual Studio 2008 Project On CD For

    When I move the single dot dll and dot exe files to a friend's computer and click the dot exe, I get the following error message:

    "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see te application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details."

    What am I doing wrong. Should I install a C++ compiler, if so which one.

    Here is a discussion of the error message:

    http://camstudio.org/forum/discussion/516/camstudio-version-2.6b-release-294/p1

    Thank you,

    , Sep 11, 2012

  3. Dombo Guest

    Re: [OT] Re: Putting My Visual Studio 2008 Project On CD For Distribution:What should I put on it?

    Op 11-Sep-12 21:15, schreef:
    > When I move the single dot dll and dot exe files to a friend's computer and click the dot exe, I get the following error message:
    >
    > "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see te application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details."
    >
    > What am I doing wrong. Should I install a C++ compiler, if so which one.

    Difficult to tell what exactly needs to be done (you didn't tell what is
    in the applications event log), but you can be pretty sure that you
    don't need to install a C++ compiler on your friends computer. Since the
    problem you are having is not related to the C++ language itself but
    with one of Microsofts products, you are best of asking this question in
    one of their forums or on stackoverflow.

    Dombo, Sep 11, 2012