Putting Raw formatted Data in proper datatype and displaying

jty202

I have raw formated data (comma separated), and I like to store it in a good
datatype/collection object. And display the data in the data object in a
HTML table.

The data looks like this:

Date,XYZ,PEAK,Price,Number,Volume
14-Jan-05,ABC,123,26.04,26.12,92180800
13-Jan-05,ABC,123,26.04,26.12,92180800
12-Jan-05,ABC,123,26.04,26.12,92180800
11-Jan-05,ABC,123,26.04,26.12,92180800

Thanks in advance

Peter Rilling

What is your exact question? Are in looking for answers about how to parse
the data, create custom collections, render the content as HTML, or
something else?

jty202

What is a good way to read these data into a data collection or data object
(recordset?)

What is a good way to diaplay the data from the data collection or data
object ( recordset?) in to HTML Table (a binded table?)?

Cor Ligthert

JTY,

A recordset is set of records in ADODB I don't believe you want that.

When your data is a file than you can use this when it is in VBNet code.

\\\
Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, _
Dim file As String = "Test2.txt"
Dim path As String = "C:\Test1\"
Dim ds As New DataSet
Try
Dim f As System.IO.File
If f.Exists(path & file) Then
Dim ConStr As String = _
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & _
path & ";Extended Properties=""Text;HDR=No;FMT=Delimited\"""
Dim conn As New OleDb.OleDbConnection(ConStr)
Dim da As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter("Select * from " & _
file, conn)
da.Fill(ds, "TextFile")
End If
Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString)
End Try
End Sub
///

See for an answer on you datetime question your later sent message.

I hope this helps a little bit?

Cor